We are partnering with Bioject Medical Technologies Inc. who is a world leader in the development of needle-free injection therapies. They bring over 25 years of experience in improving the administration of liquid medications; pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and biologics.
Together with Bioject, we are able to provide you in Australia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and Maldives with a selection of needle-free injection products that meets today's dynamic healthcare environment.
Please contact us for Commercial Orders or Partnership Opportunities
Benefits of Needle-Free Injections
The Company’s needle-free injection systems have significant advantages over needle and syringes in several ways:
- Greater patient acceptance and compliance (no needle-phobia)
- Many patients have a strong aversion to needles and to physical discomfort. By eliminating the needle from the injection process, needle-free injectors improve the patient experience and, therefore, in many cases, better compliance when previously patients would not present themselves for therapy.
- Superior safety by removing the potential of a needlestick injury or delivery to unintended site
- Safety risk to healthcare workers from needlestick injuries. Because of growing awareness in recent years of the danger of blood-borne pathogen transmission, needle safety has become a higher concern for hospitals, for healthcare professionals and for their patients. It has been estimated that the incidence of needlestick injuries is significantly higher than reported through passive surveillance, ranging from 14 to 839 needlestick injuries per 1,000 healthcare workers per year. Healthcare workers experience significant fear, anxiety, and emotional distress following a needlestick injury. The absence of needles from the injection process prevents ‘needle-stick’ injuries. Additionally, Bioject’s sterile, single-use, disposable injection ‘nozzles’ prevent the cross-contamination shown to occur with earlier needle-free devices that employed re-usable injection nozzles.
- Decreased risk of penetrating a patient's vein or delivering medication to an unintended site. Techniques for delivering injectable medications using a needle and syringe are dependent on the selection of the proper needle, as well as on the skill of the healthcare worker in administering the medication to patients of all sizes, as well as to those who may not be cooperative due to needle-phobia. These complications are avoided when using Bioject’s needle-free injection devices.
- Potential improved efficacy due to “different” drug distribution
- Typical needle therapy deposits drugs in a pool in the desired tissue area. This outcome is not always desirable since it may delay activity due to lack of dispersion within the tissue, requiring additional injections to reach a broader area, and/or causing greater side effects from local over-medication
- Enhanced vaccine immune response. The Bioject needle-free injection technology has been known to enhance immunogenicity with certain commercially available vaccines as well as some vaccines that are currently under development.
- Injection reliability and technique is different with needle-free
- Reliability. Bioject’s needle-free injection devices have been used widely in clinical practice for over 20 years. Bioject’s technology, based on orifice size of the syringe, will determine the depth of penetration and not be based on technique as seen with a needle-syringe.
- Repeatability. Needle-free injections are less dependent on doctor/nurse technique than those with needle and syringe, resulting in a more predictable penetration and distribution of the injected medication.
- Faster injection time
- Speed of Injection. Most injections are over in less than one second, thus with rapid delivery there may be less patient discomfort and the capability for rapid mass immunizations.
- Eliminates "sharps" waste
- No need for a “sharps’ container for disposal of syringe, thus reducing the cost of injection therapy.
Bioject’s products are unsurpassed in terms of ease of use, reliability, and flexibility. Bioject’s marketed devices have distinguishing characteristics that provide advantages over other needle-free injectable delivery alternatives. These advantages include:
- Over 20 million needle-free injections given.
Needle-free devices capable of subcutaneous, intramuscular or intradermal injections and is easily achieved through selection of appropriate syringes. Consistency and reliability of injection. Potential vaccine dose sparing, as well as potential enhanced DNA vaccine delivery.
The Biojector® 2000 is an innovative, versatile needle-free injection system that has been used to deliver millions of injections in a wide range of healthcare settings. The Biojector® has many unique features, including the ability to deliver intramuscular, subcutaneous and intradermal injections up to 1 mL in volume. Since its introduction in 1993, the Biojector® has set a new standard for the comfort, safety, and convenience of injection equipment. read more
The Bioject®ZetaJet™, Bioject’s latest advance in needle-free delivery systems, consists of two components, the portable injector and an auto-disabling disposable syringe. It is intended to deliver vaccines and injectable medications either subcutaneously or intramuscularly and is indicated for both professional use and home use for patients who self-inject. The syringe assembly has a unique “auto-disable” feature that prevents re-use of the syringe. read more
Bioject® Needle-Free Vial Adapter
The Bioject needle-free drug reconstitution vial adapter is a plastic device that replaces a fill needle for accessing medication vials making syringe filling completely needle-free. The vial adapter is designed to fit all standard syringes and all standard small volume parental vials. read more